217 Walnut Street Pleasant Hill, Ohio
This owner selected the Evening Star pattern because it was a favorite of her Grandmother, who used to quilt. The barn is a post and beam style barn, built of hewn wood beams in the late 1800s. The home on the property dates back to 1847 and the original owners kept horses and pigs plus plows in the barn. The property was sold at a sheriff’s sale in the 50s and the house was remodeled. The current owners purchased the 3.2 acres in 1947, and kept a horse and hay in the barn for their 6 children. They also used the upstairs portion of the barn as a clubhouse for their boys, and also raised pigeons in the barn.
Pleasant Hill is located on the west side of Miami County. Rt. 48 runs north and south through the middle of downtown “P-Hill” as the locals call it, where you will find the statue of a Civil War Soldier in the intersection of Rt. 48 and Rt. 718. Walnut St. is three streets north of Rt. 718 (Monument St.). Turn west and go just past Church St. – one block or so. It’s on the left side (south side) of road.
Sponsor: Midwest Memories
View Larger Map