735 E. Rusk Rd. Troy, Ohio
This pattern was selected because the family has always loved flowers and the Zinnia is their favorite. Though they are not certain when the barn was actually built, the earliest deed they have is dated May 31, 1816, to Samuel DeWeese. Samuel was one of the earliest settlers in Miami County, and numerous historical records of the DeWeese family exist in the history of Miami County. The current owners purchased the property in 1958.
Today the barn is only a portion of the original barn. The part that was torn down had been a tobacco barn. All the beams in the remaining barn are hewn out by hand. An addition was made in 1960 to the back of the barn, and metal siding was added in 1976. For many years the barn was used for milk cows, but is now used mainly for storage.
Located northeast of Troy. From Troy, take N. Market St. north to Springcreek-Stringtown Rd., turn north and continue to Rusk Rd., turn east and barn will be visible on the north side of road.
Sponsored by Raymond & Mary Cron with Bert Hensel
View Larger Map